Monday, January 3, 2011

#30--A New Year, A New Story Concept

Happy New Year!

It had a rough start Friday night, due to someone being a drama queen, lol. And no, I do not mean myself.

Ha.

But I'm not dwelling on the fact that it was a crazy night, as New Year's Eve often is. Saturday was totally fun, got to hang with my girl, Ashley that I haven't seen in forever, and that was a blast. Then, saw some friends from F21, which was also very nice. Spent the evening relaxing and went to bed early.

Sunday I had the great pleasure of going to our cousin's house with my husband, and the four of us lunched, played games, and watched a little Big Bang Theory, followed by an episode of How I Met Your Mother.

Today I had two interviews. The first went very well, and I got all pumped up for the second one, which didn't seem to go as well as I would have liked for it too. There are pros and cons to both of them, but I'm *really* leaning towards the first one. As in, I am calling the first interview place tomorrow at noon to learn their decision and to tell them mine. I'm really hoping that they will coincide.

In the meantime I am in the mood to do multiple things: finish putting away the clean laundry, vacuuming, rearranging the bedroom and the downstairs, cooking dinner, writing, getting involved again in the political things I was involved in a few weeks ago. That means twitter. I also need to start working out again since that is my New Year's Resolution (and to also stop saying "that's what she said" jokes).

Later, being tomorrow or some other time this week, I need to go shopping for new professional clothes. I've pretty much exhausted my current collection which is very small. Eeep! And if I'm going to be flying to New York for training for this job that I want, then I'm going to have to look goooooood.

The only thing with this is the exams I have to take are kind of expensive, but I suppose we'll find a way to get through that. I really feel this is a good choice. I'm sad that the other wasn't what I expected. And maybe I still need to think about this a little before I go jumping into something I'm not ready for. Then again, what's life without a little risk? What is learning without a bit of a gamble?

And I feel like I'll be working with some really fantastic people. Not that fantastic people don't exist elsewhere, just that I'm impressed with what I've seen so far on side A.

Another one of those things that I really want to work on is writing (and I have been, I swear! Every day!)

Remember when I said that I was going to work on a story but not online? Yeah, I'm working on that one, previously entitled "Morph." I may or may not keep that title. It has to be a title that really sticks out and grabs for attention, so that people will want to read it.

Another idea I want to pursue in writing is an old one that I have not as of yet started researching for. Last night we watched a documentary on tattoos, and I was reminded of my story and got some fresh ideas for it. That may well be a project for 2011. However, I do want to finish Morph this year. And I really think I could do it, especially with NaNo in November. Shoot, I might even pick up my tattoo story for NaNo, and give myself something fresh to work on for the month. So really, I'm giving myself until the end of October to finish Morph (because really, nothing is going to get done in December).

I suppose this is about all for now, since I really feel like taking up those things I was talking about earlier. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment