Thursday, January 20, 2011

#34--The Dullness is Overbearing

So it's been awhile. I know that.

I'm in the third book of the Twilight series. It is entertaining, and I still can't make up my mind about it.

You either love it or you hate it, but I seem to want to do both simultaneously. But because of the reactions people have, either loving it to death or hating it with equal passion, I feel that any person who regards it in both ways is, uncommon (to say the least).

Otherwise, things are dull a lot.

Last night I baked a cake. It is not as delicious as I thought it would be, but I'm going to eat it anyway. It was slightly overcooked, but I'm blaming it on my oven, which cooks hotter than it thinks it does.

There is lots of snow again, right when most of it had melted away. The guys are out shoveling the walks, some of them are using tillers to clear the sidewalks a little better for the guys with the shovels who come along behind.

Two months to the date that I walked out and I'm stressing, but I can't let it get to me too much. I am hoping the thing I really want pulls through, and soon. Not having a paycheck is killer, and may lead to bigger problems than one can legitimately anticipate.

However, there are bigger fish to fry in other areas of life, and I am hoping that I am not the only one to make the right decisions. I know the difficulties brought on by certain situations and connections with people and I know they can suck a lot, but sometimes that is required for the overall bettering of oneself.

*sigh*

Life goes on.

I will one day have a novel. And it will be published and it will be awesome. And then I'll tour with the book and for signings, and then from there I will travel around to colleges and high schools and writing groups and give little speeches and someday have enough money to go on the European honeymoon with my husband that we never got to take. And then I'll pay off my debt, and buy a house and have a baby. Then I'll publish lots of other novels and help my husband open his business.

So much to do, so little time.

But I'll make it.

We all will.

No comments:

Post a Comment