Monday, June 25, 2012

#67--Today I _____________

Today was a full day. Started with a lengthy post about who knows what really. I reread it and it makes sense to me anyway, and it is just as impacting as it was earlier when I wrote it. I suppose that is nice. That is something that I love about words and their construction. If you do it right, they never lose their power. Really, they never lose their power anyway, but still, I think you get my meaning here. I had some things today I meant to do that didn't get finished. For instance, I washed and dried laundry but I didn't get it put away. So the mess that was in my room that I cleaned up is back, as if it never moved, except it did, to get washed and then to get all dumped back on the floor again.

I made a couple trips to the store, once for baking soda and again for vegetables. I suppose those are good things to buy. I said to myself that I would make cream puffs today but I didn't. Instead I made oatmeal-choco-chip cookies for the hubby. I DO intend to make those damn cream puffs this week--or I won't ever make them. The only problem with this is it is supposed to be over 100 outside all week, and that means it will suck to be standing over a hot stove. However, cream puffs are the kind of treat that are nice to have around in the summer when it is hot, so I'm hoping for a stellar win on this one so that my intense heat cooking time will be totally worth it. Except I'm not sure it will be because I've never made them before. Which is good. I guess. It is good to experiment in the kitchen as long as you don't get too crazy with it and end up throwing out more food than you can actually tolerate to eat.

I'm sure you don't really want a piece-by-piece reconstruction of my day. If you did, it would only be because I'm a celebrity and everyone wants to know every little detail about THEM. Why is that? Only "important" people are paid attention to.. Isn't everyone important? I must be off my rocker today because I'm asking some funny questions (see previous post).

I'd like to go ahead and apologize right now to anyone who attempts to read through all of these posts. If you are a regular (Jason) then I thank you for taking the time to read these and being interested in what I have to say. At the same time, I shouldn't have to apologize for the length of my posts because if you've stuck around this long then obviously you're interested in what I have to say and that's not only cool, but not apologizing is totally fine. I mean, it's all legit right? Oh, it is late and I'm not sure I'm making any sense. Anyway, I felt compelled to write on here again today and so I did. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment