Sunday, November 14, 2010

#17--An Interview, A Rejuvenation, Some Entertainment Recommendations

Yesterday I had a job interview, and I pretty much got it! Now I just have to wait until I go back for paperwork (should be next week sometime). I really can't wait to start at the new place, because it will be awesome and I'll earn more money. And it will be fun to work with Amy also!

On another note, I feel rejuvenated for NaNo, even though I'm not writing on it tonight, I am intending to work hard to get caught up/make solid progress on the story I'm working on. The job transition should be great for that, time wise.

Thirdly, a blogger on here that I highly respect and admire, stylerookie (pardon me for not including a link here, because I haven't figured that out yet), has posted that she is working on a collaborative magazine launch, meaning they're looking for writers and artists and other talent. This is very exciting, and is definitely an opportunity that doesn't come along very often! So I have until the 19th to send in my submission/resume/cover letter/a bit about myself. That's five/six days from now! So Grace and I are going to work on our submissions on Monday, which will be perfect. I personally intend to alternate between working on the submission for this magazine and working on NaNo product.


Also, as a small but rather significant sidenote:
Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs is a great movie.
If you haven't heard A Silent Film before, then you should probably look them up.
I've also been listening to Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Antennas Up, Ha Ha Tonka, Florence and The Machine, and Sneaker Pimps. (Check it out).

No comments:

Post a Comment