Monday, July 2, 2012

#71--Spirit & Dreams

Random title. Random post.

Helped a friend find an apartment today. Yay!

My hand is still crazy sore from yesterday. I realized that my injury was caused by me attempting to cut my dog's hair with scissors while she was halfway through her bath. Foolish idea and it will never happen again. In the meantime, I have my wrist brace on as a helpful thing. It doesn't really work 100% for the palm of my hand where the muscles have been overworked, but it does help at least a little.

Also had the opportunity to share a story with my friend. Yay! I was glad for the conversation and the helpfulness it brought about. You know who you are and thank you very much! We stayed up late even though you were probably dead tired, and I thank you for that as well.

So like I said in yesterday's post, I finished a story but I need to rework some of the details after the reveal. It is the monster story, so it should be more monstrous. In the meantime, the apocalypse story is on hold until I feel like I can write more than what you'll get in this blog post.

So I think this week will be for reading. I'm going to shoot for finishing Let's Pretend This Never Happened (Jenny Lawson), The Illustrated Man (series, Ray Bradbury), and The Island of Dr. Moreau (H.G. Wells). And then it will be on to other titles that I have not yet explored. I feel I need to re-read The Hero With A Thousand Faces (Joseph Campbell) so that one is likely next.

And now my wrist is tired. TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment